Belenco Quartz Surfaces
Belenco leads the unlimited thinking of space designers looking for original solutions with its rich colour, pattern and texture options. It gets its power from the R & D Centre, which is the first and only in its sector in Turkey. It is the leading and aspired brand of the sector. The surfaces it has developed have been approved with awards from the most prestigious design competitions in the world.
Belenco is a hygienic surface that does not absorb liquid, is non-porous, does not stain with its compact structure, does not allow micro-organisms to reproduce in its body. The hygienic structure of Belenco is certified by NSF and NSF51, on which food can be prepared safely. You do not need to apply special chemicals to maintain hygiene.
It does not allow permanent stains
Belenco is a surface resistant to contamination with its non-porous structure that does not absorb liquid. Quartz, which constitutes for about 90% of its composition, eliminates the corrosive effects of chemicals from being a problem. Substances that may cause permanent staining or wear on the surfaces of other countertop materials, such as tea, coffee, vinegar, lemon, coloured spices, do not affect Belenco provided that they do not come into direct contact for a long time.
Retains its natural brightness
You do not need to apply protective material, polish or re-polish Belenco, which takes its brightness from the natural glow of the quartz it contains. Belenco preserves its first-day shine and naturalness for years with a simple daily cleaning.
It shines like the first day with a simple daily cleaning!
A damp, cotton cloth and a small amount of soft neutral liquid detergent (glass surface cleaner or dish detergent) are enough for daily cleaning. If you remove dripping or smeared residues from the surface without drying and turning into permanent dirt, you can maintain its first-day shine and naturalness for years with a simple daily cleaning. After cleaning with detergent, it is important that you rinse the surface thoroughly with enough water and then dry it, so that both your health and the natural appearance of the surface will not be damaged over time. Because Seta surfaces are textured, they are more sensitive to stains and require more frequent maintenance.
Cleaning stubborn stains
Removing dried stains is difficult and requires more effort. Therefore, clean the dirt and stains that occur on your countertop before they dry. Use a plastic spatula to get rid of the stubborn stains such as dried food and beverage residues, hair dye, nail polish, glue, paint residues. Gently scrape the stain first with a plastic spatula, and then clean the surface with a soft damp cloth and liquid detergent (glass surface cleaner or dish detergent). After cleaning, rinse and dry the surface with a sufficient amount of water.
Surfaces should not be left to dry without rinsing the cleaning product thoroughly.
Against rust and oil stains
Make sure that difficult-to-get rid of stains, such as rust spots and heavy oil spots, do not occur. In cases where such stains are encountered, oil and rust removal products should be used; such strong chemicals are substances that damage surfaces. Therefore, be very careful in their use. These products with a high pH level should only be applied on the stain and rinsed with a sufficient amount of water as soon as possible. If it remains on the surface for a long time or is not rinsed well enough, these cleaning agents may cause fading of Belenco colours or deterioration of the surface.
Why should you keep your countertop dry?
The tap water contains high amount of lime. If moisture is not removed from countertops the lime in tap water that accumulates on the edge and back of the tap sinks over time, causing lime residue on the surface. The biggest mistake that can be made to remove lime residues that are fossilised on your quartz surface is to use a
lime remover. Because Lime remover is a very highly concentrated, acidic chemical, and when removing lime from your quartz countertop, it damages the surface.
Most chemical cleaning agents sold commercially in grocery stores are concentrated and can be very acidic (ph:0-4) or very basic (ph:10-12) in chemical structure. It is recommended to use such chemical cleaners by diluting (such as a lid to a bucket of water).
After the treatment, the surface must be rinsed with plenty of water and cleaned from the cleaner and dried.
It's in Your Hands to Protect Your Countertop!
Quartz, one of the hardest mineral stones in nature, combines design and technology in Belenco to become a surface material with high wear, scratch and impact resistance.
Use cutting board
Do not use spikes and cutting tools directly on Belenco. Be careful to use a cutting board to maintain the first-day beauty of your countertop.
Although Belenco has higher heat resistance than other countertop materials, it can be affected by high temperature changes with reactions such as cracking, color fading, and surface distortion. For this reason, hot containers taken from the stove or oven should not be placed directly on Belenco, it is absolutely necessary to use trivet.
Heat-emitting kitchen appliances (electric roasters and cookers, etc.) should not be placed directly on the countertop.
Keep that in mind!
Please pay attention to the following notes in order to be able to use your Belenco countertop for many years with its first day shiny look and beauty:
- Do not allow stubborn dirt to dry on your countertop. It is recommended to wipe this type of difficult stains with a soft damp cloth before drying and wipe the surface.
- About 90% of the composition of Belenco Quartz Surfaces consists of quartz and carries all the characteristic advantages of quartz in its structure. Quartz, one of the hardest semi-precious mineral stones in nature with a hardness scale of 7 Mohs, crowns Belenco quartz surfaces with high scratch and wear resistance. But still do not use spikes and cutting tools directly on Belenco. Be careful to use a cutting board to maintain the first-day beauty of your countertop
- Some cooking methods cause the surface to be damaged by allowing heat to reach the countertop and accumulate where it reached. Always place your pots and pans in the appropriate part of your stove, centred. Stove installation should be done at the appropriate distance with the back panel of your countertop. Otherwise, a stain caused by heat would occur on your quartz surface exposed to open flame contact.
- A cotton, damp cloth and warm water are enough for the daily cleaning of your Belenco countertop. Choose neutral daily cleaning detergents when you need to use detergents. Ensure to read the manufacturer's instructions and follow their requirements when using cleaning agents. After cleaning, rinse and definitely dry the surface with a sufficient amount of water.
||A cotton, damp cloth and warm water
||Neutral daily cleaning detergent
|Heavy, Dry Stains
||Diluted bleach, gel detergents
- Do not use powder and cream detergents with abrasive grains. Choose gel products. Again, do not use hard cleaning tools (wire scrubbers, sponges with abrasive surface, etc.).
- Do not apply bleach, paint remover, paint and varnish thinners (chemicals such as thinner, trichlorethane or methylene chloride) on your countertop. Strong bases with a pH above 8.5 and acids with a very low pH such as hydrochloric acid cause your countertop to fade and deteriorate its smooth surface.
Do not apply these products on the countertop, such products should not be interacted with the countertop for a long time:
- Alkaline products containing active hydroxide (sink openers, descaling solvents, etc.)
- Products containing trichlorethane or methylene chloride (heavy degreasing agents, stain and paint removers, etc. )
- Avoid dropping any heavy objects on the countertop. Care to avoid not to damage objects on the surface or edge of countertop (scratches, cracks, part breaks, etc.).
- Belenco gets its lustre from the quartz it contains. Therefore, do not apply chemicals to Belenco surfaces. Belenco surfaces can only be polished under factory conditions. Subsequent polishing or lustring will damage your Belenco quartz surface beyond repair.
You can access the "Usage and Maintenance Guide" on our website.